Subject: [Leica] Leica NJ incompetence
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:14:46 -0400

More than six weeks ago I purchased a new Prodovit 2002 through one of the
dealers on this list. He had it drop shipped to me directly from Leica NJ.
Took a couple of weeks to arrive.

When I unpacked it and plugged it in I discovered that it was not in
perfect working order. (made a ticking sound) My dealer told me to send it
back to NJ for repair as there were no more available at that time. He told
me to send it to the attention of Brenda Olesin, which I did.

When I had not received it by last week (Wed) I called and asked Brenda
about it and was told that she would call me back. She did not do so. I
called again of Friday and was told by another person that it would ship
Monday of this week. When I called again on Wed. I was required to leave a
voice mail and someone would return my call. No one did.

NJ is a two to three day shipping distance from my home. The projector
arrived today, more than 6 weeks after I paid for it and IT WAS NOT
REPAIRED. I called Leica NJ again and was shunted off to voice mail. I
called back and said I wanted to talk to a real person. (This request was
treated rather curtly by the person directing calls.

I spoke to another person in Service who didn't know what to do and
promised to call me back. That was more than an hour ago and I have not
been called.

More than six weeks since I bought it and I haven't been able to use it
yet. It seems to me that when a brand new item is returned by a customer
who is willing to accept a repair rather than a replacement that Leica
should have move that item to front (or very near) of the repair que and
made damn certain that the repair was done properly.

Or am I out of line with my expectations?

Ken Wilcox
Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>