Subject: Re: [Leica] Centre tripod socket on IIIc?
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 13:39:56 -0500

snip
> camera cradles (for sale, s/h) which
>held Leicas by their tripod socket and offered in exchange a socket in the
>middle of their base. Their construction had two arms at each end of the base
>to hold the cameras 'shoulders' and one was adjustable for a tight fit.
>Maybe they have them elsewhere too?
>Jem

I would like to have something like this. I have thought of making a
"V-block" type of cradle. The cradle would stay on the tripod situating
the camera centered over the tripod screw. Then the second screw in the
cradle would attach the camera. No twisting, no need to tighten the
camera down excessively. Just a quick twirl of the 1/4X20 screw and the
camera would be rigidly fixed in place, held in the longtudinal V groove.

It could be made from aluminum or maybe even some heavy duty plastic. It
would be about the length of the camera, about 1.5 inches wide and about
.5 inch thick. One 1/4X20 threaded hole centered and a knurled head screw
that lines up with the 1/4X20 socket on the camera.

I think I would prefer this to anything that stayed attached to the
camera.

Anyone else want something like this?

Any ideas?

Henry