Subject: [Leica] Re: A LEGITIMATE LEICA QUESTION
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 06:06:03 -700

On 26 May 99, Henning J. Wulff wrote, at least in part:

<snip>

> Speaking of non-parallel surfaces on filters, I've had examples of this
> from all manufacturers and suppliers (Hoya, Tiffen, H&H, Canon, Leica,
> Heliopan, B+W, etc) except Nikon. Maybe I just haven't bought enough Nikon
> filters, but I am up to about 40 from them.

How does one check for surface parallelism? It's difficult for me to
believe that filter surfaces could be so grossly aparallel [sic] as to
be noticeable by the naked eye. Otherwise, some pretty
sophisticated means of measuring is necessary.

- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     The older I get,