Subject: [Leica] jobo reel in dishwasher
From: Christer Almqvist <chris@almqvist.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:19:48 +0000

I got so scared about the effects of wetting agents on Jobo reels that I
did not dare read all the postings. I have been using wetting agents from
the start and never rinsed the reels after use. My twenty year old reels
that I keep as back-up at my summer house look as if it would never be
possible to reload them. Last night I put them through the dishwasher using
the heavy duty program we never use otherwise. They came out looking just
like the dishes in the TV commercials! This morning I loaded the films.
Easy as pie. I used Xtol and the films were perfectly developed although
the soup had been standing here since February. Some of you guys see too
many problems everywhere. And you load the reels starting with the wrong
part of the film. Push the end end (i.e the one with # 36 etc) of the film
in first, it has got nice  rounded edges if you cut it off as close as
possible to the spool, at least on Delta.

Gut Licht   everybody

- --
christer almqvist
eichenstrasse 57, d-20255 hamburg, fon +49-40-407111 fax +49-40-4908440
14 rue de la hauteur, f-50590 regnéville-sur-mer, fon+fax +33-233 45 35 58