Subject: [Leica] Re: My new website
From: Doug Herr <Telyt@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 22:22:02 -0400

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Dave Schaller wrote:

<SNIP>
>I spent the past weekend in the White Mountains of New
>Hampshire birding and hiking.  The Blackburnian warblers I saw had bright
>flaming orange throat and head markings, whereas they appear yellow in
your
>picture.  Is this just my monitor on its last legs, or is it a regional
>difference?

Dave,

Thanks for your kind (& snipped) comments.  I don't think your monitor's
has a problem because it shows up as yellowish on my monitor too (with
orange toward the throat).  I'm not certain I have the system calibrated
correctly yet, or there may be regional (or individual) differences among
the warblers.  Since I'm no longer in Blackburnian Warber territory,
perhaps Roy Zartarian could step in and help with this question?

Doug Herr
Sacramento