Subject: [Leica] Loupes and quality
From: dvcinc@postoffice.swbell.net
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:20:57 -0500

I recently bought the new Leica 5x loupe. It is very nice, sharp and
bright. It is very flexible with the film and slide holder and the
diffusion disk is very bright.

I also originally thought this might be the EMO macromax which I have
owned for several years. After acquiring the Leica I have doubts about
that. The Leica is much better. It is heavier and has a much improved
holder for negatives and slides.

I do find it more difficult to use with glasses, especially when trying
to view the whole frame. I understand that is true of the Schneider
aspherical also. I use the Leica without glasses. For real critical
evaluation I use a Schneider 10x's with glasses.

In summary, I am happy with the Leica although it is not cheap.

Bob