Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica can't find the fault!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 12:25:31 -0400

Having the meter in your M6 fail isn't the worst thing that can happen to
you, after all, you should be able to make reasonable guesses for the
exposure.  You should get SOMETHING on film, albeit perhaps not the ideal
exposure.  And without the meter, why would the M6 be any worse than any of
your other cameras?  Why relegate it to paper weight status?

Dan C.

At 05:08 PM 15-05-99 -0000, you wrote:
>I recently shipped my M6 back to Leica UK because of an intermittent
>problem with the meter - the LEDs were staying lit for about 10
>seconds after the photo was taken, and would re-light if I pressed on
>the release. This sounds like the switch which is intended to turn off
>the meter when the shutter is fired is not working correctly.
[snip]