Subject: [Leica] Leica meet & 25mm finder
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 21:49:42 +0100

I had a fine time today over at my father's house (who's also a Leica user - he passed the filthy habit on to me of course...) and in the course of meeting about a dozen other leica friends from his 'circle' in the LPP
society (Leica Postal Portfolios) here in England, a freaky scenario came to light!

One guy, Ron, turned up and I was told he used a Nikon 28mm lens on his M2. It turned out to be a 24mm reflex lens (with a suitable adapter) but he then mentioned the viewfinder was in his bag. I looked for it expecting
it to be the Leitz version but found a brown leather case. Thinking this would be the very rare Nikon 25mm finder I was looking forward to seeing one for the first time.

It turned out to be the Canon v/finder (25mm), of which I had an example many years ago, along with the lens (Canon 25/3.5 rfc LTM). Upon opening the case, I was amazed to see it was the very same viewfinder I had owned
myself!
Now I know that from the USA it must seem as if we Brits live in each others pockets over here but I bought it in Norwich, broke it in Skegness, repaired it at home and sold it in Manchester to a shop in London, so this
thing has travelled, er oops! It came from Japan too, nearly forgot that! This gathering today took place in Bradford and this guy had come from Essex so all in all the chances of me seeing this piece again would have
been pretty remote!

What goes around comes around...

Jem