Subject: [Leica] BIG Leica
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 11:57:11 -0400

After a couple of years of drooling over it, yesterday I purchased a Mamiya
7 II along with 80mm and 50mm lenses and 35 adapter.

After less than 12 hours of handling and shooting it I find the ergonomics
impressive. The rangefinder patch is quite Leica-like although not quite as
bright. The contrast is fine. I have not yet processed any film but will soon.

This will replace my seldom used Koni-Omega (now for sale for $150 +
shipping) as well as my Yashica Mat 124G (also for sale) Mamiya is sending
me a 6x7 projector and I'm looking forward to the huge transparencies. (may
also have a 6x6 projector for sale soon.

Any LUGgers using the 7 or 7 II? Oddities of operation that I should be
aware of? (And why did Mamiya make the meter to change pattern with
different lenses?)

Ken Wilcox
Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA						          <wilcox@tir.com>