Subject: Re: [Leica] What lens to buy
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 23:07:30 +0200

Simon,

Is this going to be your only 50mm lens? If so, then I recommend that you take a
look at the Summilux. I think that one of the reasons for having Leica lenses is
the ability to take good pictures at wide apertures. I personally have a
Summicron and a Noctilux, but if I could only have one 50mm lens, it would be
the Summilux (1.4).

Nathan

sim wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just bought a 2nd hand M6 0.72 today.  I am looking to buy a 50mm lens.  I
> have looked at three Elmars, 3.5, 2.8 (old lens with more shutter leaves)
> and a new 2.8.  I also looked at a very heavy but lovely old Summicron
> (retractable).  Which one would you guys recommend?  Any help is welcome.
>
> Thanks
> Simon

- --
Nathan Wajsman