Subject: Re: [Leica] What lens to buy
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 13:46:23 -0300

Simon:

Of the lenses you listed, the new Elmar is the best performer.  The old
Elmar is a low contrast lens and you may not be happy with it.  The next
best to the new Elmar on your list is the collapsible Summicron.

Erwin Puts has a full test of the 50's at:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html

and more specifically:

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/lenses/pages/choices.html

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/m/lenses/pages/summicronm.html