Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V8 #83
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 23:10:46 +0200

Guy,

The finder is plastic and only available in black. It is optically excellent, but
of course some people object to the plastic (and the price!).

I cannot give you a first-hand comparison of the 21mm vs. 24mm lenses, as I have
never used the 21mm. But it is supposed to be excellent as well. Your choice
should be based on your style of photography.

Incidentally, the 24mm finder actually covers the 21mm field if you ignore the
framelines.

Nathan

Guy Bennett wrote:

> nathan (and other users of the elmar-m 24),
>
> i'm contemplating getting the 24mm and have a question or two about the
> finder: is it made of metal or plastic? available in chrome or black? as i
> also wear glasses, the 28mm brightline finder is virtually non-existant,
> and i feel i'll have to use the finder. i'd just like to know what it's
> like. also, any opinions on the 24 in comparison with the 21?
>
> thanks,
>
> guy

- --
Nathan Wajsman