Subject: RE: [Leica] Motor Drive for R8, latest news
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 09:59:29 -0700

I ran into the Leica rep at Glazers yesterday, and the (current, anyway)
word is that we will see the R8 motor in the 3rd quarter of this year.  If
Leica are keeping this off the market in order to get it right (6 fps) the
first time, I admire them for having the guts to delay it's introduction
till then.  However, I can't help but wonder why this seemingly simple peice
of technology has proven so problematic for a company as accomplished as
Leica.

- --Jim Laurel