Subject: Re: [Leica] copy negs and BUWOO M
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 15:15:00 +0100

Ken Wilcox wrote:

>After flattening the prints I used my Leica equipment to phtograph them. I
>mounted an M4, loaded with Illford Pan F+ on a cheap copy stand. I attached
>a Viso III w/ eye level prism, a universal focus mount and my 65 Elmar (all
>German for those who give a d---.) I lit the photos with two 60W light
>bulbs at about 45 degree angles. Exposure as determined with a Sekonic
>Studio Delux with the flat diffuser then corrected for magnification with a
>simple guide copied from a VERY old Leica Photography (30s or 40s vintage)

This sounds like a job for BUWOO M (hope I've got that right - I mean the
close-up copying doohickey with the legs)

Via a friend in Canada, I am now the proud possessor of one of these (boxed
with instruction book, thank God), but I won't get my hands on it until I'm
out there in July.

Questions:

1) Can anyone tell me what area(s) this device covers?
2) I'm planning to use my 50/2 Summicron on it. Is it only for 50mm lenses,
or can one use others (such as a 35mm) as well?
3) Does anyone use one of these regularly, and are there any tips they
might like to pass on?

TIA

Slan

Alex