Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M Box BS!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 09:12:03 -0700

DonjR wrote:
>Mr. Grant, I am happy that my post got your blood circulating this morning.

Say now lad,  I want to thank you for that, yep it did that a tad! :) Hell
I did my hour and half power walk in just under one hour and 15! :) And
hardly breathing. :)

>As far as mislabeling items, some would consider that consumer fraud as one
>of the posts has already noted.>>>>

Nope! never have and not likely ever will. I just want it to do what is
claimed it will produce, nothing more nothing less! As far as consumer
fraud I'm sure labeling practices of "error" go on all the time.

<<<<<You may not have any interest where the lens is made but judging from
the various posts, others do have such an interest and we will discuss the
subject regardless of whether it suits you or not.>>>>

Hey mon ami be my guest, I didn't say to stop!  I just said I found it a
complete waste of good picture taking time whining about labels on
boxes.It's always interestng to see how much time people on the LUG waste
jawing about things they can't do anything about, nor that no one but the
few get hot assed about.

By God son my new 90 is on the way from Toronto and I'll let you know how
well it works before I bother looking at the labeling. That's what getting
a new lens is all about!

>Since it is apparent not even Leica knows where the 90 mm APO-ASPH M is
>manufactured as evidenced by conflicting labels, maybe as a self-announced
>authority on the Leica, you might settle the question for all of us as to
>where the Leica 90 mm APO-ASPH M is made, Germany or Canada>>>>>>

Well now I can't do that as I'm sworn to secrecy on many things of that
nature! But I can assure you it isn't Portugal.

<<<<<by making an authoritative pronouncement for and on behalf of Leica.>>>>

Please read above, as there isn't anyone on the LUG, even if we knew, would
be that stupid to make a statement on behalf of the company. Which I'm sure
you wouldn't do yourself on behalf of any compnay. Unless you were the CEO.

>I look forward to your answer as to the country of origin of the lens, then
>we will seek to confirm that answer through Leica.>>>>

You have my answer so go for it. Check the Leica website and post your
question right to Solms. Failing that, call Leica NJ 201-767-7500 and speak
to Brian Bell National Sales Manager for Leica Camera Inc. He can give you
the definitive answer.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant