Subject: Re: [Leica] 90 mm APO-ASPH M Box BS!
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 14:19:39 -0200

>Nope! never have and not likely ever will. I just want it to do what is
>claimed it will produce, nothing more nothing less! As far as consumer
>fraud I'm sure labeling practices of "error" go on all the time.

        Just to add to Ted's wisdom...

A friend of mine who used to manage a pro photography shop told me he could
tell who the real photographers were when they bought lenses.  The "serious"
photographers filled out the warrenty cards in the store, left the boxes
behind and stuck the lens in their bag.... and went shooting!

The "geeks" would complain if there were scratches or dents in the box....

...seems about right to me.

Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
http://www.straylight.ca/locke
TOUCHED BY FIRE: doctors without borders in a third world crisis.
McClelland & Stewart Canada.  ISBN#0-7710-5305-3
http://www.straylight.ca/touchedbyfire.htm