Subject: [Leica] Depth-of-field lines/distance marks
From: Austin Burbridge <LIGHTandPOWER@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 14:15:27 -0700

(First of all I want to thank the list for responding so helpfully to my
previous questions.)

This is something I've wondered for years, although it is not very crucial,
it would be fun to, finally, know the answer --if there is one--.

When I focus with the depth-of-field (DOF) markings, I want to line up the
infinity distance mark with the DOF mark for the aperture (e.g., f/11). But
the infinity symbol itself spans several of the closely-packed DOF marks.
I'm always left wondering, "do I put line up the front, the back or the
middle of the infinity symbol with the white DOF line?" In the event, I
usually put it square in the middle. It's always seemed strange to me to
have the close and precise-looking DOF marks against the fat and inprecise
distance numbers.

If anybody knows what's what, please tell!

AUSTiN.