Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica marketing
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 12:47:39 -0500

At 07:56 AM 5/3/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I believe Leica could learn a whole bunch about marketing from Canon! Maybe
>the new CEO will shake up the marketing department and ad agency

Well, it looks like Canon learned something from Leica. Before the 35
Summilux ASPH came out, they said they would never build a 35mm 1.4 lens
because only photojournalists want them. So when Leica starts selling them
very successfully, they catch on. That's a company with vision. One that
will survive. (Nikon listen? Right!).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch