Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica revisited & production tolerances
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 12:44:24 -0500

At 01:06 AM 5/4/99 +1000, you wrote:
>I believed, when I joined the LUG, it would be a reasonable open and
>democratic
>discussion group. It seems, however, that there are a few persons who believe

Horst,

It is a gross violation of nettiquete to post someone's private
communication meant for you, without their permission. If you want to take
it public, just ask me. I was trying to slow down what I thought were
unreasonable discussion levels on this topic.

Please be more considerate of Internet protocol in the future.

By the way, I wasn't telling you to not contribute to the discussion, but
that I didn't want to any more. You ought pay attention. Oops, sorry,
that's telling you what to do. Please pay attention.

I almost ignored your post, but thought, to be polite I would answer TO YOU
what I meant by it. I figured most people already know what I felt about
the topic and wanted to spare any their poor eyes from reading it again.
The get enough from me already.

So,think before you abuse people's trust that you would honor a simple request.

>It seems, however, that there are a few persons who believe
>that they are the all knowing, all perfect ones.

And please spare us the whining. There is not one single person on this
list who says any such thing.This is a worn out topic in itself. Nobody
here says people can't contribute.

Just like my grandma used to say, "Just because you aren't being judged
doesn't mean that there won't be consequences for your actions ."

Express an opinion and you will get a response. If people disagree with
you, don't get into a hissy fit that they are tying to shut you up. They
aren't, they're just challenging you to produce evidence they can accept.
The Internet is full of disinformation. (And I've contributed my share, so
save your fingers on that point.) Most of us want accurate information so
we don't go spreading around the other kind. That's all.

And when anyone - especially when it's ME - wants to cut down on the
bandwidth usage of the LUG - darn well honor it!

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

He who laughs last thinks slowest!