Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica marketing
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 09:30:22 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:
> >Sorry for the long post...but I think Leica could learn a few things about
> >marketing from Canon!>>>>>>>>
snip
> I believe Leica could learn a whole bunch about marketing from Canon! Maybe
> the new CEO will shake up the marketing department and ad agency.
snip
> Ted Grant

The only Canon add I've ever remembered is the first time I ever saw
that tennis player (Andre?) Recently divorced from our beloved Brook
Shields who in that ad looked exactly like what you hoped your daughter
didn't ever bring home. Should I have been a tennis fan I would have
recognized him and not cared about his unattractive appearance.
I think if you are going to use Celebrity to Market and you use a minor
celebrity you need to identify him/her so people don't go "Who's the idiot?"
Mark Rabiner
What ever happened to "The lens along is worth the price!" Konica in the sixties?