Subject: RE: [Leica] AF, a FAD?
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 10:36:54 -0700

Let's just say your at a ball game (football, baseball, etc.) The runner is
off and headed in your direction at about 40 mph, with AF focus tracking I
can lock on and take 6 shots all in focus and perfectly exposed with matrix
metering compared to having 1 or maybe 2 images with a zone focused MF SLR.
Maybe the 1 or 2 are good images, but law of averages would be in my favor
as would be technology.
As to your comment, nice attempt to try and put me in my place.  Now please
tell me how you can focus track with a MF camera and be sure you get all 6
images in focus.  BTW, most AF SLRs also have high-speed rewinding so at
frame 36 I will up and running on the next roll in about 5 seconds, will
you?

Peter K