Subject: Re: [Leica] 21 mm problem
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 19:02:49 -0700

 Francois Asquin wrote:

>But now I'm worry. During cleaning of my 21 mm, I just noticed that it
>as or a small inclusion or a bubble in one lens.
>Even if it can not have any effect on picture quality, I think it is a
>big problem regarding the price I bought it.
>Does someone have a similar experience.>>>>>>>>>>>>

Bonjour Francois,

Don't worry mon ami, the little bubble is merely the coolig of the glass
and occurs in many Leica lenses. As well as other manufacturers of fine
lenses.

It is not something to complain about, but something to brag about!  As you
have one of the great lenses! :) Honestly.

There maybe other LUG members who will whine about the bubble in negative,
pay them no heed for they know what they say mon ami. I am a
photojournalist of nearly 50 years experience and a leica user for forty.
Count on experience and no so much on the whiners.

Your lens is perfectly fine.

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant