Subject: Re: [Leica] 40 M-Rokkor questions
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:07:52 +0100

Ben,
The size is very similar, though I don't have a 35 Summicron (I have a
Summilux)
40/2 = 105g, dia. 51mm x 24.5mm
35/2 = can't find the info...
The problem comes when trying to use it on an M camera...
a)    the cams are set differently, direct not helical transmission as on
the M lenses.
b)    there's no correlation for the 40mm frame (of course) it keys the
50mm frame.
c)    if you're hoping for Leica quality, it isn't there, quite. My
wife's Minilux zoom returned nicer pictures than my 40/2 Rokkor!

best of Leitz,

Jem