Subject: Re: [Leica] Alternate 21/24 finders
From: m037iu00@cwcom.net
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 09:14:19 +0100

Andrew,
Viewfinders aren't easy to find for trials.
The cheapest wide finders are the Soviet 20mm (around 50-100 UKP) or the
Avenon/Kobalux/Pasoptik 21mm (around 75-100 UKP). The Zeiss/Contax are
dearer.
There are no 24mm finders other than Leica, Canon and Nikon made 25mm
finders but they are v. expensive and colectible.
I'd reccomend getting a 24mm Leitz finder, this has the 24mm lines
etched onto the 21mm field of view so it's suitable for both. Finders
keep their value well, so even if you had to sell it you wouldn't lose
much. Sadly s/h ones are also v./ rare because they're pretty new
(relatively).

best of Leitz,

Jem