Subject: Re: [Leica] QC at Leica revisited/HCB
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:42:20 -0500

At 09:40 AM 4/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
> It seems that many of his photos from
>this vintage had the image area overflowing onto the sprocket holes and,
>as such the holes were included rather than cropping off any part of the
>photo. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?

He always printed his stuff full frame. No cropping. Most people couldn't
handle that. I'm sure sprocket holes  weren't punched as precisely as they
are today. Or film gates let a bit more image circle hit the film. Wide
lenses that have exit pupils close to the film would throw an image past
the film gate a bit wider. Lot's of possible reasons.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Those who judge others will burn in Hell!