Subject: Re: [Leica] report Vario-Apo-Elmarit-R 1:2,8/70-180, part 1
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:49:03 -0500

At 10:33 PM 4/26/99 +0200, you wrote:
>This lens provides outstanding performance in all  picture taking
>circumstances when used expertly. This will be discussed in the next
>installment

Erwin,

I can confirm from personal experience that your description of the 70-180
Vario Apo Elmarit R is just that. Superb. Did you try this lens at longer
focal lengths pointing near the sun? That, I have found, is it's one single
weakness. (The weight is MY weakness!)

I would get rid of my M6 before I'd get rid of this lens. And I am not
about to lose either one.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Those who judge others will burn in Hell!