Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: About Skill, Wides and Visoflex (was: 21/24mm)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 07:29:25 -0500

At 10:38 AM 4/25/99 +0300, you wrote:
>fack, barrel-distortion influens to picture. But as said, I never test my
>24/2FD by shooting test table - it only feel more winklewonkle than 24/2AIS.

Totally useless point on my part, but the AIS Nikon 24mm 2.8 is better than
anything Canon has for sharpness too. And they have both moved on to the AF
arena for lenses. And Canon is coming out with some stupendous fast lenses,
like the 24 and 35mm 1.4 lenses. I hear the 35 is extremely good. The Nikon
28mm 1.8 is marginally good wide open. So maybe the old knowledge of
Nikon's wides being better isn't always true. Though their 20-35 2.8 AF-D
is certainly better than Canon's equivalents for sharpness.

Leica needs to compete in that latter category.

>mirakia shoot god!

I hope you mean photograph. And when you do, please post it on the
Internet. Lots of people want to know if he wears a beard and flowing
robes. (Or even if he is a he?)

Or are you going to visit the Dalai Lama? :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Computers can never replace human stupidity.