Subject: [Leica] About Skill, Wides and Visoflex (was: 21/24mm)
From: "Mirakia" <kimman@nettilinja.fi>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 05:42:46 +0300

Tom Shea wrote:
"There is a significant difference between 21 and 24 in terms of the
perspective.  Either one is very useful.  The 21 provides a more noticeable
perspective difference than the 24.  If you want to have dramatic
perspective, I suggest the 21.  The 24 looks more normal.  My recommendation

is that if you do not have a 35 or a 28, get the 24.  If you have a 28, I
would definitely recommend getting the 21."

I must add while I agree much.. "either one is very useful" but 24 is more.
You can take with 24 both _very_ dramatic and more like normal pictures.
With super-wide other is impossible. And more recommend for a 24.. I suppose
that the asker have not 28, or if have, sell it for a 24mm. My experiences
with lenghts 20-24-28-35-50 have mainly: they all have their very own
character and uses. Only strange exception is 28, which usually make me
hoping more wide. Some incomprehensible reason 28 is only one on a list that
 feel unnecessary, ofcourse having 24. Some like mother, some other.

More for 24. I like to built a composition with my ability. Very super
effect born even with 35 if having lot.

"Mirror in SLR is the basic reason for bigger compromizes in manufacturing
wideangles (all of you know that), optic point is just where mirror are
(21-24mm from a film, if I have understand). That's why we are speaking best
wides in a world. Here belongs Hasselblad SWC (Biogon) too.
I wonder much, how Visoflex is possible.." Mirakia

Maybe no sense to use visoflex with wides? Does it possible even? I like to
heard more about it. I have seen them in very pleasant prise, 1500 FIM
(1USD~~=5 or 6 FIM). In the proper sense of the word, what a _system_.  What
lenses can use?

I don't have experiences on M-Leica wides. I suppose that I can use old
definition to separate wides and superwides border to 24mm in M-Leica? You
can see remarkable different in Canon FD and Nikkor AI wides distortions.
Nikkor lines are more strait and Canon have little more sharpness.	Maybe M21
have the basic 'distortion' due to wiewangel so dramatic that the definition
works. But I believe that M-wides are seeable good, lines even on corner
strait plus extremely sharpness.

" Maybe the 24mm choice is reasonable enough to decide
on a 24/50/90 setup..." ALAN

That's good setup. I would have M and 24/35/50.

I am switching on Nikon-user-list all the time! I like to learn about Leica,
doch. But not good consciense having no Leica because this is for
Leica-users.  Hey, I remember! I have Pradovit 150P. But no sense to mean
that crap, never use it, and nobody buy it :(.  But perhaps sensors accept
point of wiew that trying to sell is a use too:).

So funny (ofcource I like to read comments)
This was basicly for practising my english, thank for a space real Lugers.

God shot Mirakia, wannabe luger - fat thanks to the space
kimman@nettilinja.fi