Subject: [Leica] Re: About Skill, Wides and Visoflex (was: 21/24mm)
From: "Mirakia" <kimman@nettilinja.fi>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 07:33:58 +0300

Some answers to my new pratles was already online, sorry for my eager.

>24mm is widest lens witch one _can_ compose so that picture show
 like normal, human vision.

>21mm is already other side, belongs to 'super-wides'.

Of course, this is a matter of opinion. Leica classifies 24mm
lenses as being super-wides. I do to. I have used and like the 24mm focal
length very much. And I think when you're not in very close, the above is
true.
Eric Welch

 You can see remarkable different in Canon FD and Nikkor AI wides
 distortions. Nikkor lines are more strait and Canon have little more
  sharpness. Maybe M21 have the basic 'dimension/scale-distortion'
 due to  wiewangel so dramatic that the definition works.
 But I believe that M-wides are seeable good, lines even on corner
 straight plus extremely sharpness.

| More for 24. I like to built a composition with my ability. Very super
| effect born even with 35 if having lot.
|
| VISO PRICES HERE..Many years ago, I don't look they closely,
  they seemed to be very old. When Visoflex was introdused?
| Maybe no sense to use visoflex with wides? Does it possible even?
  I like to heard more about it. I have seen them in very pleasant
  prise, 1500 FIM (1USD~~=5 or 6 FIM). In the proper sense of
  the word, what a _system_!   What lenses can use?

| That's good setup. I would have M and 24/35/50.

| This was basicly for practising my english,
  thank for a space real Lugers.