Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica 100% testing
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:35:08 -0500

At 10:39 AM 4/22/99 +0000, you wrote:
> Perhaps there is room for the price to
>rise if this will result in better quality and reliability - in the
>last eight months my M6 has spent more time at the Leica repair
>department than it has in my home! Today it's going back for its
>fourth repair in eight months.

My M6 has been back for repairs once in 18 months, and my 35 Summilux ASPH
twice. Unfortunately, mine went back because I'm clumsy, not QC problems.
Though some might think that falling less than two feet onto carpet might
show they're not tough enough. The lens was knocked off a table while on
the camera. Camera survived, lens didn't.

My R8 and 70-180 were knocked off a desk onto a carpeted floor, with no
visible problems, and no mechanical problems months later. But my heart
nearly needed restarting, and my colleague's ears suffered a bit of
scorching. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface.