Subject: Re: [Leica] SHORT development
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 11:08:50 -0500

I have been using UFG on Tri-X at 72 degrees F for 3 minutes 10 sec since
Jan, or Feb.  The negs are great and there are no signs of the short
development times.  I am using the UFG with the replinisher and it works
as well now as it did the day I got it and have run 20+ rolls of film
through it and have had it for several months.

The negs grain is better than what I was getting on T-MAx 400 and the
contrast range and such are much more to my liking...could be I just
never like the dern T-Max stuff.  And no I have never tried X-tol and
have no desire to do so. I have a habit of once finding something that
works for me of sticking with it and not experimenting a lot.

Of course if you want REALLY short dev times try Dektol straight with no
agitation for 30 secs...high contrast but printable negatives.  Or HC110
dil A @ 100 degrees for 30 secs also works so I've been told.

Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net