Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 Shutter accuracy? Electronic options?
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 18:51:14 +0000

>Deniz Saylan wrote:
>Since I am in contact with Leica more and more I just got at Saturday
>the news that Leica intends to bring out a M6 with automatic modus and a
>electro-magnetic shutter.

If that is the case, then Leica has progressed another milestone or two.
After using my Contax G2, I am impressed how convenient it is to sometimes
set to aperture priority and shoot, even hand holding at 1/2 second, so
that I can get well exposed shots.  Sometimes the pics are a wee bit blurry
but I can still get the shots.  The nice thing about the auto-exposure on
the G2 is that I am eventually able to print the majority of the B&W negs
on the same roll with the same paper grade setting on my enlarger and
varying the exposure time at most by 3-5 seconds.

>this camera works by -25° degrees celcius and in the
>desert at 55° and never lets you down if dry or wet weather

I am not sure if Leica produced a battery operated electronic shuttered
M-camera, it will be able to withstand such extreme temperatures.  Minus 25
deg Celcius is very very cold indeed for batteries to perform optimally.  I
am sure most leica users are unlikely to have to brave such extreme cold
conditions.

Personally I would welcome a new electronic shuttered M6 but I would not
trade in my old mechanical M6 for it.

Dan K.