Subject: Re: [Leica] Compositions and different focussing systems (was 75'lux focusing)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 00:56:38 -0500

At 12:59 PM 4/17/99 +1000, you wrote:
>Of course, examining shots with a 28mm R vs M would be to way to test
>Michael's thesis - given that the 28mm extends to the full frame of an M and

Gareth,

That's something I didn't think of. I'm sure there are still differences
based on the fact that the magnification is different, and near/far
relationships, and you can't see, by stopping down depth of field. But in
the end, when shooting fast, we might not compose as accurately with a
rangefinder than and SLR, or visa versa. I guess it's as much the context
of shooting as equipment. This is a highly complex problem.

I did overreact to his use of the term "Leica look." For that: excuse me.
But we have delved into something truly Leica for once. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.