Subject: Re: [Leica] "Leica" Glass on Nikon....
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:16:17 -0400

 Shhhh! Don't let the Leica Police hear this!
A week or so ago, after breakfast, Friend Bob opened the back of his truck
and pulled out a strange looking device.
After looking around to make sure we were not being observed, he revealed a
Nikon F5 with a Leica Super-Angulon 28mm PC lens mounted on it!
Of course it really wasn't Leica, but Zeiss, and they sell a mounting ring
 not cheap, BTW) that entails unscrewing five screws, taking the old Leica
mounting ring of, and replacing it with the Nikon.
As far as SLRs are concerned, if the mount allows for infinity focus, a few
microns wouldn't make that much difference....so I imagine the flange to
film plane distance is pretty close.
The F5 VF is much nicer, for me at least, than the R7 or R8; not as bright,
but I can see all of it!
Dan