Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Fw: Leica 280mm f2.8
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 00:10:34 -0300

I think Jim just hit the nail on the head.  Don't buy a fast lens unless
you intend on shooting it at its maximum aperture most of the time.  I like
fast lenses because I like the fine grained images produced by slide films.
 In both nature and sports, that big lrns will allow the use of slower
films.  I was taking pictures of some snowboad racing and a friend asked if
I was using 400 speed film to get high shutter speeds.  I told him no, I am
shooting at 2.8 on my 400mm and using 100 film.

Regards,

Robert