Subject: [Leica] Leica 8x32 Trinovid binoculars
From: "Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 20:44:58 +0000

LUGs,

I can no longer contain my enthusiasm for these binoculars.

Over the past week a pair of red phase screech owls has been
stopping in my back yard just after dusk as part of the daily
itinerary.  While the birds prefer the branches and shadows of the
tall pines, they will on occasion fly to one of the still-leafless
trees.  At these times, that Leica glass, despite its small diameter,
shows its stuff, giving me color and detail in what the unaided eye
sees only as a black shape against the sky.

Now my mind - such as it is - is feverishly planning ways to attract
one of these birds into camera range.

Roy