Subject: RE: [Leica] Astia vs. Provia
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 01:16:06 -0300

I have not tried it yet as I have not seen it in my regular dealer.  I
think they have it in the store across the street, but at my regular
dealer, I would probably get a roll for free to try.  I just picked up two
100 foot rolls of the new RSX II 100 and if it has improved upon the last
RSX, it should be a pretty decent film.  They were about $42 USD a can
compared to about $85 USD per can of the E200 I use.  I shoot a lot of film
and develop it myself, so the economy of the Agfa film is appreciated.

I do however have a 100 foot roll of Velvia that I have loaded into
cartriges for use with bird photography.  You need its fine grain to get
the details in the feathers and eyes.  Kodachrome is out of the question
because of the cost of processing.  It costs me about $1.85 per roll to
process E6 at home, plus mounts.  I guess I am just cheap at heart.

Regards,

Robert