Subject: Re: [Leica] Astia vs. Provia
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 19:47:02 -0300

Harrison:

I agree with you on the E100SW.  Have you tried the new E200 yet?  It is an
awesome film when pushed.  It just doesn't have the high contrast of the
other high speed films.  I shot the National University Basketball
championships with it and just deliverd a mounted and framed 16x20
Ilfochrome to the AUAA, the organizing body of University Athletics in
Atlantic Canada.  The AUAA staff were very impressed with the photo and I
noticed all they had on their walls were generic art, not sports.  A copy
of the picture is at the bottom of my noctilux page, shot with an M6 and a
Noctilux on E200 at EI 320.

http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/Noctilux.htm

I am trying to do some freelance work and they were good enough to get me a
pass to the event.  As a result, one of the teams in the final game hired
me to shoot the action for them.  They lost though, and I probabably would
have made more money shooting the team that won and then selling pictures
to the players.

Over the next few weeks I am going to be doing a photo essay on the Kosovo
Refugees that are due to arrive in Nova Scotia this weekend.  They will be
staying on an Airforce base, CFB Greenwood which is about ninety miles from
Halifax where I live.  I have gotten permission to shoot on the base, but
initially the refugees may be under quarantine by Health Canada until they
are sure there is no risk of disease.  I will shoot Tmax, E200, and RSX II
100 using Leica M's.  I hope to do an exhibit with the prints when I am
done.  This will probably be a long term project, as the refugees will be
here for a while.

Regards,

Robert