Subject: [Leica] Anybody used a 180 Summicron?
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 13:46:31 -0300

I just purchased a Leica 180 APO Summicron for use in my sports
photography.  Has anybody had any experience with this lens?  It is the
version prior to the ROM and I got it at a price that allowed me to
rationalize the purchase.  It is being shipped and I should get it next
week sometime.  I assume that it is probably about the size of the 280 2.8,
but have not seen one except in pictures.

I like shooting slide film and fast slide film is not that great, so the
only other option is to have fast lenses and slower slide film for indoor
sports.  I figure that this lens with a 1.4 APO extended is a 250 2.8,
which is probably pretty good where I might use a 280 2.8.  Anybody use
this lens?

Regards