Subject: [Leica] Shudderbug
From: Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 15:27:39 -0700

I hate to admit this, but I have a soft spot in my heart for "Shudderbug".
I have been a subscriber since it's inception. I even have a few original
issues for nostalgia's sake. They were nothing more than a little
newsletter for buying and selling used photo equipment. Over the years I
have sold and bought a "ton" of photo equipment through Shudderbug. So in
that respect, I like the rag.

It has been many many years since I have read any of the "articles". First
of all, the printing of submitted photographs has always been terrible.
Hardly conducive to entice someone to read an article.

Then came Bob Shell. He actually reviewed a Leica or two, which I did read.
But the accompanying photographs, again, were worthless. I believe it is
safe to say that Bob has his own, unique, photographic style. Frayed
cut-off denims, shirt tied in a knot, and poses that, quite often, defy
description. The only thing missing is the wheat stalk in her mouth. Did I
miss some?

But... to each-his-own.

Shudderbug is a good price reference. And many times, you can find real
bargains.

All in all, I think Shudderbug has served the Leica & LUG community very well.

I will continue my subscription.

Jim