Subject: [Leica] Domke F-803
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 22:37:15 +0200

The Domke F-803 camera satchel bag has been mentioned on the LUG before.
Today I had the opportunity to examine it for fhe first time in a shop. I
think it is one of the nicest bags you can find for a Leica M equipment! On
each side of the middle compartment I could put down a camera with lens
attached, and the middle compartment takes two lenses back to back (2
Rapidwinder M6 with 21 [or 28] -35-50-90).
The special thing with this bag is that it is thinner and higher than the
usual bags, unlike Billingham Alice or Domke F6. In fact, it doesn't look
like a photo bag at all from the outside. There are lots of place for film
inside the flap, more than the Alice for example, and there is a large
pocket for maps and travel documents on the back, as well as two zippered
security pockets on the flap.
This bag charmed me instantly, and it will become my standard bag when I am
going on flight trips with my usual 2 body-4 lens M-outfit. It will be
easily carried, and it will not bump into people on crowded streets, and it
will definately don't announce to anyone that I am a photographer.
I will keep my Domke F6, because this bag takes 3 M bodies with attached
lenses, plus 1-3 extra lenses and a light meter. I usually keep 21-35-90 on
the bodies,  ready to use immediately. But that is for local use, not
travel.

/Hans
(a happy owner of yet another camera bag...)