Subject: Re: [Leica] Domke F-803
From: csocolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 17:39:45 -0400

Hans Pahlen wrote:

> The Domke F-803 camera satchel bag has been mentioned on the LUG before.
> Today I had the opportunity to examine it for fhe first time in a shop. I
> think it is one of the nicest bags you can find for a Leica M equipment!

SNIP

> This bag charmed me instantly, and it will become my standard bag when I am
> going on flight trips with my usual 2 body-4 lens M-outfit. It will be
> easily carried, and it will not bump into people on crowded streets, and it
> will definately don't announce to anyone that I am a photographer.
> SNIP

> /Hans
> (a happy owner of yet another camera bag...)

Hans,

You'll love your bag. I've been using mine for several years, especially
when travelling. Very convenient and inconspicuous. I also clip a Domke
briefcase to it when flying so that it's counted as one piece of
carry-on instead of two. I've also added a pouch to the strap to carry
extra film or a meter or other stuff. I keep a table-top tripod in one
of the front pouches along with a 21mm finder. Don't overlook getting
the three-compartment padded insert. I also use the space between the
insert and the canvas exterior for carrying papers or other flat items.
Enjoy.
- --
Carl Socolow

http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/