Subject: RE: [Leica] Compulsive political message posting
From: Richard Edwards <REdwards@Vetronix.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:58:46 -0700

I apologize for implying that politics are irrevelant. I meant
that they are not the central topic of the LUG, yet some
folks here seem to go that way often.

There are many thinkers and politicians who could spend
minutes, even hours---hear that, Walt?---of their leisure
time on other pursuits before returning to their more
important political activities. Churchill spent time
painting apolitical paintings and took holidays with
political adversaries during which it was agreed that
the activities "would not be allowed to interfere with
the bitterness and asperity of party politics."

The tone of my message was deliberately pompous
and ironic. I hope for your sake that you also had
that intent in your reply.

The true enemy to civilization are those who begin
sentences with "The true enemy to civilization...".

- -Al