Subject: [Leica] Compulsive Political Message Posting
From: Richard Edwards <REdwards@Vetronix.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:27:33 -0700

>Getting sued or pummeled for photographing people on the street is a
>political as much as legal issue.

True, and I didn't claim otherwise. I was mostly aiming at our dear
Walt, who seems to wring his hands about KALIFORNICA and
Taxe$ pretty often.

>You could make it into a psychological
>issue but that you indicate a bias on your part that could indicate
>intense chemical therapy.

Touche. That I can't restrain myself from commenting
on the frequent soapboxing on this group means I'm
compulsive myself. All I need to do is hit the delete key.
But I couldn't take it any more yesterday.

>Other forms of therapy might also be indicated
>but I am not free to prescribe them as one needs to be a Doctor in most
>civilized colonies.

Read my original message again, and you might detect some
irony in it.

>The issues at hand are First and other Amendment rights.

I take these issues extremely seriously, and nothing in my post
suggests otherwise.

>For now on when you look up presumptuousness in the dictionary it will
>say see Richard Edwards. That's a semantic issue.
>Mark Rabiner

Thanks very much, Mark. I would like to say, without any irony
or sarcasm intended, that I read each of your dozens of posts
to the lug each week because I often find them enlightening.
And yours are rarely political tracts. If you assumed my message,
which referred to habitual political postings, was directed at you,
then that was, well, presumptuous of you.

- -Al

The Dvorak Keyboard:
   pyfgcrl
aoeuidhtns