Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Getting Close and Discreet
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 16:44:36 -0200

At 11:04 AM 05/04/99 -0700, you wrote:

>I don't know if you meant me.
>I was just stating or asking what I felt could be the situation, not
>condemning it.

        Sorry, Mark... no, just using your post to hang a response on and
further the conversation.  :^)

        ...just to continue...

There is nothing macho about soiling yourself with fear... but you still
have to get that close to photograph that fear in someone else.

You can't tell/show someone what it is like to be "there" if you are not "there"

The advantage of being a writer is you can sit in the hotel bar and listens
to witnesses account and write about it. A photographer has to be a first
person witness to do his job.... or do it well.

That is what's meant by being close...
regards,

Greg Locke                           E-Mail: locke@picturedesk.org
St. John's, Newfoundland             http://www.straylight.ca/locke
(Newfoundlanders... a people who voted themselves out of existence)

- --------------------- PictureDesk International -------------------
Available at PRESSLINK ONLINE           http://www.presslink.com