Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Getting Close and Discreet
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 11:04:15 -0700

Greg Locke wrote:

> At 09:24 AM 05/04/99 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >On this concept of when in doubt get closer or if it's not very good get
> closer:
> >I can see how that might be the ethic of a bunch of twenty something
> >macho war photographers. For them it's a war of guts. Getting closer to
> >the bullets flying.
> >Any war photographers out there have that? Or otherwise?
> >Mark Rabiner

snip
> I find it ironic that people who have never "DONE IT" are so easy condemning
> "IT" when it is the accepted standard for an entire industry.
snip
I don't know if you meant me.
I was just stating or asking what I felt could be the situation, not
condemning it.
I was not sure if it came across that way or not.
The fact that there could be bullets flying at the time could add a
macho element to it, but that would not negate or lessen it.
Otherwise I would not be asking the war photographers opinions.
Mark Rabiner