Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Getting Close and Discreet
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 09:42:19 -0400

Yes, indeed, street photography is getting more difficult. Example:

When I was just out of college - early 70s - I used to take my (sorry)
Nikon gear to a park in a fancy area of the Georgetown neighborhood in D.C.
and shoot children playing, often with parents or nanies. After shooting a
few rolls of a given child or group of children, I'd approach the
adult-in-charged, tell them that I had photos, give them my name and phone
number, ask if they'd like to see the photos, and get their name and
number. Then I'd get my contacts and call them. Not only did I make what
was for me a fair amount of spare change doing this, but I was usually
warmly received by the adults - I even ran into a few well-known folks this
way.

As any of you well know, try this today and the next think you know you'll
be a convicted pediophile with Buba for a roomate!

What do you do to accomodate the current paranoia - shoot with a taped up
M,. and shoot discretely.... :-)