Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Getting Close and Discreet
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 17:15:22 -0800

snip
> How many of us feel that it is now getting more difficult to even take
> street photographs without arousing suspicion, fear, anger, or even threat
> of bodily harm from the subjects?   What are your ways of overcoming these
> barriers?
>
> Dan K.

"I sorry I have to get these shots, do ya mind?"
Camera is resting in the raised position against the side of your head/face.
To raise your camera when something happens is to usually make it
scramble, have it already raised, be already shooting. The shot you need
to get will be just another shot.
You'd rather be home watching television but you have to get these shots
for the damn editor.
I think tape makes your camara blend in. But don't think you are. They
all know you are there shooting. All eyes are on you.
If you don't have anything to be or feel guilty about there is no reason
to feel guilty.
You have a mission!
Mark Rabiner