Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Getting Close and Discreet
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 09:24:47 -0700

Michael Volow wrote:
snip talking with his potential subjects before photographing them.

> I also got the impression that, in his wartime photographs, Capa did not
> always aim for the thick of the action, but found many of his best
> pictures behind the action, in lines of refugees, in soldiers  resting
> from combat, etc.
snip

On this concept of when in doubt get closer or if it's not very good get closer:
I can see how that might be the ethic of a bunch of twenty something
macho war photographers. For them it's a war of guts. Getting closer to
the bullets flying.
Any war photographers out there have that? Or otherwise?
Mark Rabiner