Subject: [Leica] Digital
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 10:01:49 -0500

Just FYI for all interested in digital output -

Stylus 700 purchased in December has gone belly up - paper feed never
worked right and now it and the computer aren't communicating - A call
to Epson and a replacement is on the way, supposed to arrive Monday. The
replacement speed is nice, but the printer death is disconcerting.

Also - Just purchased a box of the new Illford digital photo paper - and
then the printer died. Anyway, $29.95 for a 50 sheet box, compared to
$30and change at the same camera store for a 50 sheet box of Illford RC
paper....the $29.95 for 50 sheets makes the Illford a bit less expensive
than the Epson or Kodak papers. Also, Illford says it can be printed on
on eitherside - glossy, or the paper-like side.

When I have the new printer up and running I'll report on the Illford
paper in a useful way...